Orchid Society Grow Your Passion
An eclectic group of novice to veteran orchid enthusiasts invite you to explore and share your love of this diverse, expansive family of flowering plants.
Central Illinois Orchid Society was founded in 1958. We are a diverse group of people interested in growing and/or enjoying orchids. We welcome anyone to attend our meetings and events, whether you have never grown an orchid or you are an experienced grower.
OUR MISSION IS TO:
- Monday, September 13 @ 6:30 PM--Monthly Meeting. We're back! We're holding our first in-person monthly meeting since February 2020. Monthly meetings are held at Hessel Park Christian Reformed Church, 700 W Kirby Champaign. In accordance with current CDC guidelines, state mandates, and church policy we must wear masks while inside the facility. The meeting will allow time for meeting our members in person, especially those who have joined during the pandemic. We will have a short business meeting and Show-and-Tell of Bloomers and Bloopers. Bring an orchid that is blooming or growing well, or a struggling plant for which you’d like suggestions.
- Monday, September 20--Deadline for submissions for our Fall Newsletter. Click here to submit your items to Newsletter Editor, Lori Garrett.
- Friday, September 24 to Sunday, September 26--Chicagoland Orchid Fest. This annual event features a vast array of plants for sale by expert guest growers, presentations by world-renowned orchid specialists, refreshments, special bargains, and the opportunity to stroll among the most exotic and beautiful plants found in nature. It is sponsored by Natt's Orchids (Naperville) and Orchids by Hausermann (Villa Park)--two well-known growers and certified members of the Chicagoland Orchid Growers Association (COGA). Both sites are within a 40-minute drive of each other and are run by experts in the field of orchid horticulture. Click here for directions and hours.
- Monday, October 11 @ 6:30 P.M.--Member Sale and Election of Officers. More details will be posted here as the date gets closer and the decision is made. Hessel Park Christian Reformed Church, 700 W. Kirby Avenue, Champaign, IL.
- November--Holiday dinner? Yes, if the pandemic allows it. Stay tuned!
We invite you to join the Central Illinois Orchid Society. Annual membership is only $15 for the first member and $25 for a couple. Click here for a printable form. Please mail your completed form and check as directed. Hope to see you soon!